6.15.2008

our baby is here!


Here we are after Carter's birth...a little tired looking but happy (we still look like that). I know you are all waiting for the stats: My water broke at 12:50 am Friday morning...needless to say we were in shock. Carter Jason Dyck was born on Friday, June 6, 2008 at 12:44 pm. He was 5 pounds 7 ounces and 19.25 inches long. And 35 weeks and 4 days was where the pregnancy was at, so he was definitely premature. He was in the hospital in the NICU until Thursday June 12 when he got to come home!


This is still in the hospital.


And all set for the car ride home :)

14 comments:

Jessica said...

He's ADORABLE Karina! Congratulations!

patti said...

wow! wasn't expecting this!

he is so precious. glad he was healthy and you're at home already despite being a preemie.

thinking & praying for you as you enter motherhood!

Sandra said...

Congratulations! I talked to Jocelyn at church and she said that you had your baby early. I've been checking for pictures. What an adorable little boy. Love the name too. Hope the next few weeks go good as you adjust.

Sandra Dick (Toman)

Anonymous said...

He is beautiful! Such lovely skin. He doesn't look like a preemie in these pictures at all. I hope all is going well for your first week at home. Congratulations!!!!!

gord and janice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gord and janice said...

What a handsome boy! So precious. Congrats you two. Hope you enjoy the first little while with him. Grace and peace to you.

Kelsie-Lynn said...

He is so beautiful. Glad that you are all home now. We've been praying for you.

Dana said...

He is so sweet! Hope things are going well being at home!

Kristina said...

He looks perfect! What a blessing! Glad to hear you are all adjusting well. Congratulations!

Kim said...

He is so so so sweet! Congratulations again, can't wait to meet you Carter!

Bonnie said...

Congrats you guys!! He is absolutely perfect. Such a handsome little guy. Hope you're doing well and enjoying parenthood so far.

Andrea said...

Dear Carter,

I am very glad you arrived safely and I can't wait to meet you. I think about you (and your mom and dad) everyday, and I'm praying that they are not too tired and not too stressed because I can only imagine the transition their lives are currently taking...But I am sure you are worth it.

Love,
Auntie (Tante?) Andrea

Trev and Rebekah said...

What a cute baby. Wow, glad he's healthy. Guess he was eager to arrive. I wonder if that means he will be a busy and eager boy in life. How long were in in the hospital for>

Cordella said...

does this mean no more carrot stories??

Miss you tons and I can't wait to meet Carter, and to see you too!