9.19.2008

blessed

"Another cold grey winter's day dawns. I awake and contemplate the dreary day ahead - feeding, bathing, nappy changing, endless washing. Wearily I stumble out of bed into the baby's room. Two bright eyes shine in recognition and a smile beams across that tiny face, as if the sun has peeped from behind the dark clouds. Suddenly everything seems so worthwhile. I feel I am the luckiest woman alive." - Jennifer McNish

Greeting a new day and his mommy :)
The blankets are kicked off, his legs are pumping, his arms are flailing, and he is ready to go!

Greeting his good friend, Clock. Clock gets almost as many smiles as mommy and daddy do.

Modelling his cute overalls and tiny shoes...first pair of shoes, and first day wearing them.

"A baby is a pain in the neck. A constant supply of dirty nappies and sicky clothes. A continuous demand for feeds. A reason to keep you awake when you'd rather sleep.
Your baby of course, not mine. Mine's perfect." - W. Gerry

And we agree :)

5 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Isaiah's feet are growing so I miss those tiny first shoes he had.
I love that clock in your son's room. Isaiah would love it too.

Robin M said...

aw, i love this post.

Anonymous said...

Great post, love the picture with your shoes, love the quotes and I can't get over how cute your boy is.

Dana said...

Wonderful post :)
Glad you like the shoes - I could not resist them!
Have a great trip!

Bonnie said...

Aww Karina-- he just gets cuter and cuter each day! And those shoes are SO tiny and perfect :) Love these pictures!