10.27.2008

for jenny

well. i was looking at myself in the mirror a few minutes ago... and i found a little PATCH of GREY HAIR on my head. not just one hair, but an actual clump. i will be 28 in a week. i'm not sure what to make of this... i'm going to go see if it's still there.

it is.

if it must happen, let's call it SILVER instead :) but i'm not posting a picture.


on to other things. jenny tagged me and because i love her soooo much i will comply and do her thing. here it goes:

I am...looking forward to my birthday :)

I want...to write a book but i don't know if i really have the skills or the perseverance...

I have...a dad who is turning 60!!! i also have to think of something GREAT to get him for his birthday :)

I wish...i could visit my sister in newfoundland and my brother in san francisco

I know...that my redeemer lives (and there are so many good songs that that line brings to mind, too)

I hate...liver

I fear...jason or carter dying before we're all good and old

I hear...the bubbling humidifier and the ticking of carter's favorite clock in the baby monitor, but no baby...he's asleep :)

I crave...chocolate chocolate chocolate

I search...for closer friends who actually live where i do instead of far away

I always...tell jason and carter i love them every day

I usually...eat breakfast

I am not
...very alert after 8:00 pm...

I miss
...sleeping in

I love
...spring - the longer brighter days, the smell of grass and rain, the end of winter and heavy coats and the toque hair vs frozen head dilemma and icy roads and scraping car windshields, the beginning of my garden and flowers and better and more varied fruit at the grocery store (mmm, cherries) and open windows and sun tea...

I never
...learned how to drive standard this year even though i was supposed to and i don't think i will, either. maybe next year? hehe

I rarely...wash my car and it drives jason nuts :)

I cry...more often now than i used to

I lose
...my self control when there are cookies in the house

I am confused
...about one line in the social insurance number application i'm filling out for carter's resp and i really don't want to go wait in line to get it processed but it looks like that's what i'm going to have to do

I should...go get myself a cup of tea. be right back :) tetley peppermint

I worry
...too much about all kinds of little things, especially when it comes to carter and everything i don't know about babies

I dream...of deep uninterrupted sleep for at least 8 hours...but 9 would be better :)

I tag...probably nobody, but for jen's sake: robin, kelsie, and jocelyn

3 comments:

Jen Glen said...

I loved that! Thanks for putting up with me! Remember the book you were writing about Scott's? Oh the good memories! We were going to collaborate together, weren't we? Some day. Love ya tons and miss you more!

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Okay I will do this in a couple of days. I had to go down and get Alexis SIN number and it was actually pretty fast and painless. I really hope you can get that uninterrupted sleep soon. And as usual I think Carter is just getting cuter. We should have another play date soon. Maybe this time they will play too instead of just nap :)

Trev and Rebekah said...

It just means your are wise not old!