a little while ago i baked these delicious muffins and because i just really enjoyed one for breakfast this morning i thought i'd share the recipe (note - i did bake them for less time than the recipe indicates, so if you decide to make them just watch that). now i know you're all thinking 'again with the pumpkin'...well too bad. i love pumpkin and that's all there is to it :)
2 cups Sugar
1 cup Oil
4 Eggs1 14oz tin Pumpkin
2 cups Flour
2 cups Bran
1/2 tsp Salt
3 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Beat sugar, oil & eggs together. Add pumpkin. Combine flour, bran, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and chocolate chips and add to the wet ingredients. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until done - do not overbake these. Makes about 2 dozen muffins.
in other news...yesterday was my birthday and the best parts of the day included:
* a lovely rendition of happy birthday from carter and jason along with this beautiful card :)
* a lunch date with my boys at mcnally robinson, which is one of my favorite places. then they graciously allowed me to browse for an hour whereupon i found these two marvelous books which i proceeded to purchase (*and the house at pooh corner was waiting for me in the bargain book section. what a deal*).
* a very exciting moment when i found this little prickly treasure, which is identical to one my sister has at her kitchen sink and i have always admired when i visit her house. i couldn't resist! here's to many happy hours doing dishes!
and of course the other best part of the day was when my brother and betsy (his terrific girlfriend) connected with us via skype, and while we were doing that my sister (and her dog) called so we invited her to our skype conversation...and then while we were doing that my parents called and so we invited them as well and had a little family gathering online :) thanks family. let's do it again sometime :)
and now my cutest baby in the world is waking up so it's off to give him some lunch. have a lovely november 5 :)
5 comments:
I saw Jen's post re: your birthday, so thought I'd go "see" you and wish you a happy birthday! God bless you for being the wonderful friend, wife and mom you are!! Love ya!
Happy Birthday!
I love skype. It kept me happy while we were overseas this summer.
Karina, are you on my blog list?
Glad you had such a wonderful birthday Karina! You deserve it!! And I must say, your little guy just gets cuter and cuter every day! Wish I could meet him in person.
Oh, I'm so happy that Ja and Carter spoiled you!! And I absolutely giggled in delight at that card! I want to know what it said inside! Thanks for the update! You're on a roll with two posts so close together in two days. You better be careful or we might start expecting it from you! :) Love you! The Glen one
Happy (belated) Birthday Karina! I found your blog through Jen's. It was so good to get to know you a bit while we were in Saskatoon. I definitely got a glimpse as to the reasons why Jen treasures your friendship. You're a lot of fun and hope you're having fun being a mom now too. If it's okay, I'll come visit your blog once in a while to see how life is going in Karina-land. Blessings! -Amanda
Post a Comment