
i got jason the best gifts i've ever gotten him for christmas this year: everything dallas cowboys, including a bathrobe and slippers. i ordered it all online in november and as each package was delivered to our door i giddily and stealthily hid them somewhere where no one would ever think to look: under our bed. :) jason had no idea what he was getting until he opened his presents, and i was so proud of myself for not telling him. carter didn't tell him either, so that was good. carter and i had talked about the gifts with each other though, just because we couldn't bear to keep them a secret for more than a month.

uncle michael hadn't seen carter since he was about six weeks old. he's a little bigger now (carter, that is - uncle michael is actually a bit smaller now than he was then. we kept telling him to go buy some skinny jeans because he's, well, skinny.)

this is one of my favorite christmas pictures. carter and my dad just having a grand time at one of our family gatherings :)

jason and i were having a grand time too, or so it appears...

my dad and my brother - i think they're both so cute :) and i hope they both read this so they can blush and feel good about themselves. hehe.

snowy christmas with my skinny californian brother. almost perfect. except my beautiful newfoundlandian sister wasn't there. that would have made it the best christmas. next year.

my mom bought carter this shiny ensemble which he proudly wore once. well, we have a wedding to go to in a couple weeks so maybe he'll wear it again then - if it still fits!

we were able to see all of jason's family as well, but unfortunately it was under sad circumstances as his grandpa passed away. here is his grandma with her eight rambunctious great-grandchildren. what a houseful that was!
three of our lovely nieces: wild princess, princess princess, and quiet yet bossy princess, in that order :)

and here is the whole clan. considering all but six of us were staying in one house, we look pretty happy (and clean...two bathrooms, seventeen people). actually it was a really great way to have some intense family time, which, since we all only see each other every couple years, was welcome.
8 comments:
Christmas looks fun Karina! And Carter continues to look so precious, what a cutie! Good job on the gifts, I managed to keep Jeffs from his as well and got him a GPS for our van.
Way more fun when its a surprise!
Hope you are having a super day!
Karina you are hilarious! I'm glad you can still discuss gifts with your son and be confident that it will stay a secret. I no longer have that luxury :) Looks like you had a great Christmas.
Yeah!! New pictures!! I was hoping I'd get to see some. Carter does indeed look like he broke many hearts this Christmas. I think I could eat him up, yep, pretty sure I could. Love you guys, Jen
That's a really nice family picture. We should do one like that one day with the Krauses and the Brauns, now that we have 4 generations. And I still think that Jason looks like Gandolf with all those stars. Or some sort of wizard, anyway. All that's missing is a staff and a long beard, and maybe long grey hair.
I don't really know why my name is now "Welcome to Blue Fibreglass" but you know it's me, right? I will try to change that...ooops.
oh, thank you for changing it from "Stars" to "Cowboys" - i kept staring at his housecoat & wondering how that was a Stars housecoat! it's all good now! :)
haha, janelle, i noticed it the other day and changed it right away...the good thing is that i don't think jason looks at this blog so he didn't see it or he would not have liked it!
What an adorable son you have.
Post a Comment