Two months have zoomed by, to use one of Carter's favorite words :) Little Anderson update: he is generally a good little boy and he still has all his hair. He's gaining weight like crazy which isn't surprising since he seems to eat a lot :) He sleeps quite well at night (if you don't count his daily grunting session between 5 and 6 a.m.) but he sure fights sleep during the day. If I can just get him to stay asleep for more than 20 - 45 minutes at a time, I'm happy. So we're still working on that. He is smiling a lot and we've even heard a laugh or two :) Cradle cap that I just can't get rid of - any suggestions?
5 comments:
Both my boys had cradle cap. So here's my tip: rub some baby oil onto his head with a facecloth and let it sit for a few minutes. Then gently (very gently!) rub his head in a circular motion with a soft-bristled brush. That will help loosen the dead skin. And make sure you use a brush that you don't mind ruining :)
As far as potty training... no ideas. We are at a stand-still there.
Yeah for a new post- been checking consistently for new pictures of your cutie pie boys. Anderson's hair is soo like Tristens when he was born- I LOVED it! I wonder if its a hair thing because Tristen had major cradle cap as well- don't know if you are using shampoo in his hair, but I stopped doing that and used olive oil and the soft baby brush thing as mentioned above.
Potty training advice: stay consistent, I didn't go back to diapers at all except for naps and bedtime. Don't over do it by going so so often, I think then instead of becoming something fun it becomes irritating. We also did the potty dance and started only giving rewards for going #2 and slowly weaned him off of that after quite a while. The potty dance was quite a hit since it often became a full family event which used to make Aiden quite happy. That's my ramble on, definitely still learning in the area and wishing that night training would come soon! Oh well one day at a time- loved your post Karina, hope we run into each other soon at the store, would love to see your little guys!
Yeah for a new post! My aunt just bought my nephew a book called Pirate Potty. It's very clever, and is all about how pirates go in the potty! You would love it guaranteed! There's a pirate hat and pirate stickers and pirate songs to sing! I'm not sure where she got it from, but I'm sure it was someplace generic like Walmart. Look for it! I know you'll love it!
Zandria had really bad craddle cap. No matter the amount of oil or anything I used it would not go away.... so my doctor told me about the iodine shampoo. I bought it at shoppers. If you know anyone to share it with do that. It is not expensive, but you don't need much. She told us to use it once a week for about three weeks, and then if it comes back use as necessary. It worked. I only used it twice and never came back.
The potty training, I don't know what to say. I hate potty training. I am about to start on kid number two over here. But with Zandria I tried every so often, but she refused to take to it until she was ready and then it was done in two days. Just don't stress it. She wasn't trained until a month before she turned 3. He will get there.
Your boys are beautiful.
The underwear hat is my favourite look so far for Carter. I have no advice for you on the other things - you will be the one to advise me one day, though - so remember any and all tips for me, K? :)
Post a Comment