This book came to me at a time where I really needed to hear what it had to say. Being in a waiting place is not usually very comfortable, and sometimes it's just downright hard. But learning to appreciate where you're at on the way to where you're going is a gift, a key to that elusive Philippians 4:12 contentment.
Eileen Button is the author of The Waiting Place - Learning to Appreciate Life's Little Delays. Her book is a collection of essays based on her life experiences as a child, a daughter, a granddaughter, a woman, a wife, a pastor's wife, a mother, a professor, a friend. Whether it's waiting during a period of sickness, waiting in line at the grocery store, waiting for love, waiting for a new job, or waiting for death, there is always a way to grow. Eileen Button shares her stories intimately and honestly, and these transparent glimpses into her real life are what make the book's lesson come through in a powerful way. She is very candid and has a great sense of humor which makes her book a joy to read.I loved this book because its lesson is so simple and yet so profound. I think any woman in any stage of life will identify with something in this book. I would highly recommend it to anyone and would definitely read it again.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through theBookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment