1.02.2008

christmas and other exciting stuff

Family at Christmas... it doesn't get much better than that :) This is a picture of four generations in Jason's family: the great grandparents, grandparents (Jason's parents), parents (Jason and his two brothers along with the wives), and then finally the kids, who are of course the most fun. What a blessing. We loved every minute with our nieces and nephews who we see so rarely. Everyone should encourage their married siblings to have kids (hint hint) so they can experience the fun and insanity :)

We also did some shopping:yeah, wow. it was a little strange buying these things... but who can resist ikea? the pictures are a little small but you get the idea :) the crib converts to a toddler bed and the dresser change table top comes off. !!!!!! we haven't set them up yet but the baby's room is starting to look more and more like a storage closet with all the boxes. we are excited and overwhelmed. it's a good thing there are still months to prepare :)

10 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm excited too!
Do you know when/if you are coming to visit? I miss you. And I need to start having a talk with my niece or nephew to be so that I can prepare them for the Craziness that is Their Mom ;)

Chris said...

yay yay! So excited for you. Six years has gone by fast. Or so the prediction came at camp - hee hee. All the best to you two-uh... three!

Kelsie-Lynn said...

That is an amazing family photo. So many generations! And I too love the crib, change table and shelf since we have the same :) Except the crib, which wasn't there when we were shopping. And i totally understand the idea of the baby room looking like a storage closet. I can hardly get in ours anymore but it sure it fun to dream of what it will look like one day. Hope you are feeling good.

Jeff and Jocelyn said...

Yeah for shopping, definitely one of the best parts, good on you for getting an early start. Jeff and I kind of waited until the last minute and that was really stressful!

Bonnie said...

Karina!!!!!!!!!! I just heard this weekend that you are expecting! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm SO excited for you and hope that this pregnancy is a breeze. Get Jen to give you a big congratulations hug for me :)

Trev and Rebekah said...

Can't wait to see belly pics. I am pumped for you!

gord and janice said...

Congrats you crazy girl! How wonderful for you guys. Hope you have a great time planning and waiting with expectancy. I'm thrilled for you!

Cordella said...

Karina, I can't believe you are bugging me about updating:) What a turn of events! Anyway, I will for you... in a couple of days:)

Cordella said...

when do baby bump pictures start:) ????

Cheri said...

Congratulations Karina (and Jason)!!! We're excited to hear this awesome news!! When are you do and how have you been feeling?? Come on, give us some details!!