here is a picture of us at 29 weeks. the baby has done lots and lots of growing in the 6 weeks since the last picture, as you can see :)
can't believe there are only 11 weeks left - yikes. any advice on getting through these last weeks well or on what comes after that is welcome :)
7 comments:
go to the dollarama and buy yourself a long-handled shoe horn. the long handle is important.
My advice is more for much closer to your due date. Kevin & I nearly drove ourselves totally nuts with anticipation and Brendan came 1 week late. If a doctor or ultrasound technician tells you the baby could come any day now don't bank on it too much (still have your bags packed but don't be too crazy sitting at home waiting for your water to break). There will be pleanty of people every sunday at church asking how come the baby hasn't come yet (I actually didn't want to go to church after my due date because I felt like a spectical) and you'll feel many twitches and movements that you question on an hourly basis whether it is labour or not. Just enjoy being pregnant and beautiful and waddle around a lot. They say raspberry tea is great for starting labour but it didn't work for me and it's yucky unless you combine it with lots of iced tea powder or apple cider. Take lots of walk but only once the snow and freezing rain stops. Malls are great places to walk if spring doesn't come again before your baby comes (can you tell I'm a little bitter about the recent snow?) I'll be thinking of you and praying for you as you near that life changing event!
You look great, Karina!! Glad to see another picture! Just hang in there and enjoy your sleep as much as you can! And all the advice you could ask for won't prepare you for being a mom. It's just something you get to learn and experience for yourself, and you'll be great! I remember people telling me I'd be tired afterwards but you don't know how tired until you experience it. However, I also remember just LOVING to sit/sleep on the couch with Reed and just spending time holding and looking at him. It is such an amazing feeling! I know you and Jason will be great parents, so just enjoy the journey!!!
Well I am not done being pregnant yet but the best thing I have done recently is buy a comfortable pair of lounge pants that fit both now and will fit after. I didn't think that I could get any bigger but my body is changing shape again and these pants have been a life saver. Small and silly I know but its helped a lot! Hope you have a great last few weeks!
I recommend getting meals into the freezer. I had a lot of them prepared and they really helped that first month after Aidan was born. Drew's not much of a cook so it was nice for him to be able to just pull something out and cook it quickly, without much help from me.
You look great Karina, being a mommy is absolutely the best thing in this world. Congratulations!
I think it's a girl.
I agree with Andrea - preparing meals. That made it easy for Jon to get his own meal... or get one for me! :)
Having been pregnant through the summer as well. My advice to you for the last part of pregnancy is -go swimming! My parents had a large blow-up pool that I floated in for the last 2 months! It feels great on swollen feet and it takes the weight of the belly for a while! Well worth it!!
Also - Keep your feet up and rest! I didn't have swelling issues.. but I kept my feet up and slept ALOT! Which I think helped me go full term with twins! Get your rest - and READ lots!!!
You look lovely! Say hi to your belly for me! Love ya!!
Post a Comment