it feels like fall was short-lived this year although we may be getting a bit more of it before winter really settles in. these pictures are from a little while ago before it got cold :)
we have an ornamental apple tree in our backyard which usually has multitudes of tiny and very sour apples on it, even throughout the winter. i was in the habit of cutting a few branches and bringing them inside for the winter as decorations for christmas. this year, however, for some reason the birds decided to eat them all before winter set in, so the tree is now bare. maybe they were following this little guy's example...i don't know how he could enjoy them because they are so sour and they pucker up your mouth kind of like chokecherries do, but he kept going back for more...
some flowers in our garden before the first hard frost: these are all assorted zinnias except the first one which is a bachelor's button.
we tried taking a family picture at our last visit to the zoo... they didn't turn out so well, hehe - this is the worst/best one :)
but we think carter's pretty cute no matter what.
out of the blue carter asked to go do some raking one day. we hadn't raked since the spring so i don't know how he remembered it, but he did, so off we went.
2 comments:
That is an awesome family photo! I especially love your expression :)
The ones of Carter throwing the leaves are so cute!
Who knew you would post again so soon! I just came by to leave you a HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY message. I left one on your answering machine, but I do indeed think you need another one. I just might email you one too!
Post a Comment