Our little baby is three months old already and growing fast! He is so smiley and laughs a lot too - generally a very content and pleasant baby (unless you happen to be standing nearby when he farts...). He wakes up happy in the morning (which is weird to me because Carter often just cried when he woke up - sooo hungry!) and he doesn't even fuss when I change his diaper (also really weird - with Carter I had to make up a diaper changing song to keep him kind of distracted...I still know it and could sing it for you if you want sometime :)). He rolled over for the first time a few days ago, which was exciting. He is really interested in taking everything in - the people, the toys, the crazy big brother zooming around :) The cradle cap is slowly clearing up and giving way to some dry skin and eczema...ahh, the joys of winter in Saskatchewan. Here he is on his three month birthday:
One Month Old
Two Months Old
Three Months Old
Some brotherly love :)
Carter has been doing SO well with potty training the last couple weeks. I think it took about a month for him to realize that "oh, this is just how things are going to be from now on so i don't have to go kicking and screaming to the bathroom every day..." and now he has not had an accident for over two weeks. Hooray! We recently put his mattress up onto his bed from the floor and he's been doing really well with that too, so the last baby thing (as you can see) that he's holding on to is his beloved soothers. He calls them 'sooies'. He used to have six soothers and he had to have them ALL in bed with him to go to sleep at night or for a nap. Now he is down to three (two were discovered to be ripping a couple weeks ago and one is lost somewhere) which he is only allowed to use while sleeping - although if he's playing upstairs he'll invariably end up with one in his mouth. Oh well. He is only 2.5, after all. He's allowed to (desperately!) hang on to something from babyhood for a little while longer. But while we're on the topic, any hints on how to get rid of those last three sooies would be welcome!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! Why did I not wake that baby up when I was there and smother him with kisses! Karina, it's illegal to have children that cute, just so you know. On second thought, it was probably good you didn't let me wake him up b/c I may have harmed him with the exuberance of my love and affection! And I would love to hear your diaper changing song. It reminds me of the song I made up for the little girl I work with when she pees or poops in the toilet. I bet yours is way better.
Post a Comment