I love to read. Naturally, I'd like my children to love reading too :) I can't wait to read longer chapter books together with them, especially some favorites from my childhood like these:





Carter really likes reading too - I'm training him well :) We love going to the library. He generally gravitates toward anything that is about a form of transportation: cars, trucks, planes, trains, space ships, submarines... But lately (with the help of some Blue Planet DVD's) he is diversifying into ocean topics or maybe something about animals if he's feeling generous. Of course there are just those books that we have signed out and read again and again and again (much to his delight and my not-so-much-delight), like these:




These are Carter's favorite picks today, both of which are new to us (hooray!) and which I think are great:

A little girl and her mom wait by the ocean for some special visitors and when they arrive they swim the day away together, diving and flipping and jumping.

A toy train picks up some passengers and delivers them to various locations in the house, ie. the toy monkey gets off at the jungle (the house plant) and the toy duck gets off at the pond (the fish tank). There is a suspenseful section part way through (the train falls off the mountain/couch - what will happen?!!!) and a happy reunion at the end.
What are your favorite children's books?
2 comments:
Anything Ramona, but my absolute favourite one was Ramona the Pest. Boinging the curls and Q's with cat ears and whiskers!! Oh the joy! :)
that's funny jen - i read quite a few of the ramona books too but for some reason i don't think i really liked them that much ... but i still read them so i must have liked them a little :)
Post a Comment