Nick of Time by Tim Downs is the sixth book in the Bug Man Series, which is a series about a forensic entomologist - a bug man - who solves murder mysteries. This book tells the story of what happens when a murder distracts Nick from his upcoming wedding. As he sets out to solve the murder of an old friend, he debates whether or not he's really ready to get married, and when he doesn't call his fiancée at the appointed times she ends up trying to find him in time for the wedding. This gets her involved in the murder he's trying to solve and of course there is a twist at the end which I won't give away :)I was a little hesitant about trying this novel because I hadn't read the previous five in the series but it was easy to follow and the characters were engaging. I liked that they had quirks and eccentricities that made them seem unique yet normal - not too perfect. The storyline was pretty interesting too - the twist near the end did catch me a bit off guard, which I enjoyed. However, I did think that parts of it were a little too far fetched to be believable.
Overall I would recommend this book and I would be interested to read the previous five books too, just for fun.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment