8.03.2011

walking and moving

Most important update from our house:  the littlest prince is starting to walk!  He took four or five unassisted steps on Monday, not just once but several times throughout the day.  Now he is trying out his new form of transportation here and there, whenever he feels like it :)  He knows how to stand up all by himself (even when there's nothing to hang on to) so he gets up and off he goes.  He will be one in just under three weeks so these are exciting times :)



In other news, also kind of exciting and kind of sad at the same time...we are moving.  Anyone want to buy our house?  It's a good little house. You can see it online here.

The front (no, our house is not crooked... this is what happens when an almost-one-year-old is trying to grab the camera):


The back:


The front/side:


The occupants, but not for much longer:


The details:  we are moving to Manitoba - gasp, I know...what has Manitoba got that Saskatchewan doesn't?  Well, my parents, mainly :)  There are some other things like more humidity, time changes in spring and fall, less sunshine (Saskatchewan is the sunniest province in Canada), less hills (which is pretty unbelievable considering how flat Saskatchewan is already, but there are actually some hills here), more floods, and about the same amount of mosquitoes and snow.  Anyway, we are looking for a job for Jason within about an hour's drive of my parents' house, so we'll see what happens.  Nothing concrete to share about that yet. 

In the meantime, we are still working and playing here, trying to enjoy our last month in good old SK.  The garden is getting really bushy, bushier than it was when I took this picture.  We have been loving the raspberries  (Andrea, I made seven little jars of raspberry freezer jam the other day at your recommendation.  Really yummy :) ) and we've also started to see a few peas, also yummy.  I hope our new house has a garden :)



5 comments:

Jen Glen said...

We love you guys. Praying everything works out in regards to job, houses and new town. As long as I have your new number for when the baby comes...I'm happy!

karina said...

Jen! You will have more than just my number when that baby comes :)

Andrea said...

Everything looks so neat and tidy ;)
I especially love your garden edging, with the cute stones and the flowers growing behind (what are they?).

Congratulations to Anderson for his first steps! How exciting! Can you make a video??

Miss you....

karina said...

Andrea - sorry, I don't remember what the flowers are but now they are covered with tiny white flowers. We do have a video of Anderson walking, I will post it for you here sometime :)

Cordella said...

YAY!!! Can't believe you are moving back to Manitoba!! Welcome back!