And so is yours :) Here is a little update: we are moving to Elm Creek, in probably about three weeks. THREE WEEKS. That's pretty soon. PROBABLY. The time frame will depend somewhat on whether or not the house we want to buy has an inspection with no big surprises. Jason is set to start work at our new church there mid-October so we are hoping that everything goes smoothly with the house purchase. Our current house, however, has not sold yet so we are hoping it will sell soon. Or should I say SOON. :)
We are excited but I think also nervous, at least on my part. Jason doesn't get too nervous about most things. But I do...I'm nervous about meeting new people and not remembering their names. About making new friends or not making any. About how our kids will behave on Sunday mornings with just me to take care of them. About trying to find a new doctor/allergist that we like. About what other people will think of us, basically. And I guess about what we will think of them a bit, too. In my head I know that, simply put, I'm supposed to try to please God and not people, but that's a pretty difficult concept to live out in real life. Even in a church. Or, maybe, especially in a church.
But let's not forget about the exciting parts. New starts. A new house!!!!! If the purchase of the home we are looking at goes well then I will tell you all about it. For now let me just say that it has a dishwasher you don't have to move to use, and a jetted tub, and a garage. :) :) :) A new town to get to know. A gas station right in the town!!!!!! (Ok, that's not really that exciting but our current town doesn't have one, so now you get it.) Jason's excited about the pretty nice golf course that is within walking distance of the new town. A new church and lots of new and great people. And of course, being able to see more of my family more often and without a torturous twelve hour drive first. Hooray!
So that's all great, but we're sad too. Sad to leave the friends and family that are close to us now. Sad to leave our wonderful church and our first house. Sad to leave lovely Saskatoon and trade it in for ... Winnipeg. Ok, fine. Winnipeg's probably not that bad. We'll get used to it. Right? Sad to leave our time zone, haha :) Well it actually is kind of nice to never have to do a time change. Sad to leave my awesome small group, and our church's Ladies Morning Out, and our town library (new town has no library but I think a town 10 minutes drive away has one, so that's a relief!), and Scott's Parable as well as all my co-workers there. Well, the sad paragraph shouldn't really be longer than the excited one so I'll leave it at that.
Not sure how the boys will take it. I'm sure they will adapt fairly quickly, probably more quickly than I will, at any rate. Carter's excited about new playgrounds to try out and about having a new house but with all the same toys still :) And about a big moving truck. Anderson will probably enjoy having a new space to explore, new stairs to conquer, and a new yard to play in with new ladybugs to try to eat. (Seriously. He put one in his mouth as quick as lightning today, before I could swat it out of his hand. Then he spit it out. Thank goodness. Poor ladybug. It was all slobbery but still trying frantically to get away...)
We are so blessed, you know? We have our family, the four of us - and wonderful family and friends supporting us. I have three great boys who go with me. Today Carter said this at lunch time, out of the blue: "Every boy needs a nice girl to take care of him." Haha, we had a good laugh :) (Although it's pretty true...) So I guess my boys are lucky to have me too, although the ratio isn't quite right... I think we'll manage :)
p.s. We kinda look like old married folk, but that's because we are. This picture was taken on our tenth anniversary a week and a half ago. :)
5 comments:
I'm sad that you'll be further away, but excited for your new adventures at the same time... good thing for social applications that keep us connected wherever we are, hey? Praying your house sells SOON!
Oh Karina, I totally feel for you! It is a whole lot of emotion to process, but it sounds like you are moving to a wonderful community. Your boys will do awesome, if anything they will be a huge help in meeting new people! People are so gracious when it comes to getting to know them and names, its been 8 months and I still have moments. Praying that you house will sell quickly (know that stress as well) and that the move goes smoothly! Take care!
I'm glad you're taking Carter's toys....:)
Oh my goodness! I totally forgot your 10th anniversary! Hope it was a great one! Oh, do I remember well all those moving emotions. (Except we didn't have the selling or buying of a house to deal with. Don't envy you there...) I still forget people's names that I should know three years later, so don't worry about that! I'm sad for you you won't have a library near by. And just so you know, you'll never quite get used to not having Scott's Parable near by. I still bemoan it. We're proud of you guys and wish we could have had more time to talk the other weekend. Maybe you could stop by on your way through? ;) We love you guys lots, that's for sure.
We are going to miss you!!! But the new church is lucky to have you and they (and you) will be blessed.
Post a Comment