12.07.2011

Flying Button

 I need to take some inspiration from my friend Robin and post some funny things Carter is saying these days, if for no other reason than to be able to look back and remember them.  Somehow this is easier than pulling out the baby book and writing it down :)  Plus now you all get to read it too, and I don't have to bore you with going through the whole (not finished) baby book to find the funny story.  So, that's a bonus.

Last week one morning Carter woke up very cheerful.  This is kind of abnormal.  I mean, usually he's very happy to know he doesn't have to stay in bed anymore ("Mommy, it's a 7!"... "No, the first number on the clock has to be a 7, not the last one..."  "It is!" ... "No, it's not.  See, look." ... "But it was a 7!!!!  Bla bla bla whine whine wake up my brother..." ... "Fine.  Get up." ... "still whining... wait, what?  Thank you, mommy!"  (Actually, he often does say thank you to me when I tell him he can get up, which is cute.))  Anyway.  As I was saying, he's happy to know he can get out of bed (Is it weird to have a child who usually will stay in bed until you come in to tell him he can get up, albeit whining loudly the whole time?  Probably.), but only until his feet touch the floor, at which point he immediately needs socks because he's COLD and also needs his night-time pull-up removed pronto because it's wet and stinky, and both of these things should be done in the dark because the light hurts his eyes.

However, there was a morning last week, as I was saying, that was different. I wake up, hearing some awake type sounds from the boys' room.  Carter is awake, but Anderson is not.  I go in to get Carter before he wakes up Anderson.  He is delighted to see me (of course) and says, "Mommy, I had a dream!!!!!"  Very excited.
Mommy:  Was it a good dream?
Carter:  Yes!
Mommy:  What happened in your dream?
Carter:  I was with the pteranodons (Thank you, Dinosaur Train) and they were all flying in the sky!  And I was trying to fly too!!!!
Mommy:  Wow!!!!!  Did you fly?
Carter:  No, I couldn't.  I needed a button to push in my head so I could fly.
Mommy:  ... A button in your head?
Carter:  Yeah.

So later that day we were having supper and I remembered this funny dream and asked Carter to tell Jason/Daddy about it.  So he did, but then this was said:
Daddy:  A button in your head?
Carter:  Yeah.  I needed to push the button but I didn't have one!
Daddy:  Well that would be a pretty neat button to have.
Carter: Yeah ... I think maybe we could get one at the Co-op.
Daddy:  ... ... Ummmm...I don't think they have those there...
Mommy:  trying not to laugh too loudly

Apparently the Co-op is a magical place... who knew?  :)

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm pretty sure our Co-op has no such buttons, but I will check to make sure. Now I know what he wants for Christmas ;)

So cute, that Carter...

karina said...

actually, if you do find a button like that, please don't get it for him :) thank you.

Andrea said...

Well I was just at the Co-op. I usually shop at the Save Easy, but they were closed due to "technical difficulties" (????) today, so I drove on down the street to the Co-op and I did check, and no such buttons were to be found. Very sad. Maybe this is a Manitoba thing?

:)

Robin M said...

Haha! I love it. Kids are so funny.

Jen Glen said...

You should also take inspiration from...someone's blog who has recently done it...and post pics of the inside of your house! Just saying! ;)