We were all entertained this evening by watching Anderson trying to jump. He was having so much fun and his toes almost left the ground a few times. Then he decided that it would be more fun to try to jump with only his diaper on, and, of course, it was :) I don't have any pictures or video of this, but it just made me realize how quickly our little guy is getting big. Is that a sad thought or a happy one? Not sure. He will be 15 months on the 23rd and is just on the brink of a big vocabulary explosion. Lately we've heard him say things like car, cookie, cracker, cheese, apple, milk, banana, ball, hat, truck, hockey, meow, moo, grrrr (for lion and bear, or, surprisingly, today at supper he growled when he heard Jason say elephant), and of course, mama, dada, and car for carter. Oh, and he also says gentle, which he seems to think is hilarious when accompanied by a scratch or a slap... Here are some of my favorite pictures of him lately:
I had just finished cleaning the mouse poop out of the oven drawer (that's a whole 'nother story...) and he saw a golden opportunity - after, all what's an empty drawer good for if you can't climb into it?
He's climbing onto anything and everything these days...
Hehe, our little mermaid :) I found him standing in his bed like this one morning - and no, I didn't put his pajamas on him like that the night before. How he even managed to stand up is beyond me but it didn't seem to bother him :)
As Carter is fond of saying when Anderson is bothering him: "It's Baby Monster!"
Multi-tasking at such a young age - I'm teaching him early :)
He was very happy to be able to sit on a big chair and play at the table like Carter loves to do. Plus, these days all I have to do is pull out the camera and he stops what he's doing to say cheese and smile. I'm sure that won't last too much longer so I'm taking advantage of it while I can :)
Climbing onto these little chairs is also fun although he has a hard time figuring out how to sit down once he's standing on the chair...I often find him standing on a chair grunting for help.
Both of my boys love to play with these dishes :) He's concentrating hard here.
Climbing up the stairs (or down) is fun because you can peek in-between!
1 comment:
Oh my, is he getting big! He seems to have grown so much in the last couple of months! Thinking of you guys often and praying for you too!
Jo & Grant & Ellie
Post a Comment