I love having holiday traditions, so at Easter we always do a few special things including dying eggs, of course. Carter really enjoys this...I was looking back at Easter pictures from the past few years and realized that I've made him wear this funny orange bib thing for the egg dying every year. I think next year he will be too big for it though :)
(These are in order: 2012, 2011, 2010, or 3 years old, 2, and 1 - wowee, I let him help with the dyeing when he was one...well he has always been a fairly cautious child :) Anderson, however...well let's just say there is no way I'd let him near glass containers filled with boiling water and permanent food colouring. We did this while he was napping this year!)
And of course we have to have our favorite treat/breakfast food: Paska, or Easter Bread. I am a wimp at trying to bake yeasty things by hand so I use my bread maker to do this. I do have a bread maker recipe for Easter Bread that I really like, though, so it's just fine :) We actually had this for breakfast
Yes, Anderson is definitely double dipping with his finger and the icing here...but I'm pretty sure the whole thing was consumed by immediate family only, so it's all good :) And this next picture makes me laugh. Gotta get that last sprinkle.
These next pictures are not an Easter tradition (so far) but maybe they should be? :) Anderson did not wipe that grin off his face the whole time he was in there and didn't want to get out at the end of the ride, either.
And let's not forget about the Easter Egg Hunt, which is probably the most anticipated activity of the whole season. For a three year old, anyway. Well, ok, I admit it - I love it too :) I like doing the hiding now, and watching all the excitement. And the chocolate. I like that too :) And then watching Carter 'hide' the eggs in the middle of the grass so they can refind them is also great - although Anderson was a little confused at why they were all empty the second time around. "Candy? Candy?" Oh, how sweet - he learned a new word... :)
Of course, I know that Easter isn't just about eggs and bread with sprinkles and chocolate. It's about life, and death, and new life, and eternal life - hooray! I'm excited to teach our boys about that, too, and see them understand it a little bit more every year. Happy Easter!
1 comment:
But where is Jason's big grin while PUSHING the wheelbarrow? Wasn't he having just as much fun? ;) I miss you.
Post a Comment