9.12.2006

sisters

lately i've been missing some good friends i don't see often so i wanted to share them with the world...everyone should get to know these girls. ok. first there is cordella amy katherine friesen. cordella, i was thinking of you when i was at the hairdresser and she was putting some mousse in my hair...do you remember that time we were kids and you had a bottle of mousse in your room? who could resist a new decorating challenge? we sprayed it all over her room...sticky but lovely! cordella is one of the most confident and loyal friends i have - you should get to know her :)
then there is rachel - rachel mae heinrichs. we grew up together but really bonded at bible school over holly cole and studying for exams, marking other people's papers (oops, did i just admit we did that?) and singing together. that is what i was missing the most lately, is the singing. we would sit down at the piano and sing through anything - phantom of the opera, old voice lesson material, whatever. rachel, you are a gem. rachel is honest and forgiving - something we all learned when we tried to get into her dorm room at night (from the outside) and woke her up...don't ask (it was really funny though). but we're still friends :)also i want to write about my sister, andrea kristal. my sister is probably the girl i wish i could live next door to the most. we would get together and do dumb stuff, right andrea? that would be fun. i tried to convince her to move to saskatchewan the other day but i don't think it worked...shoot. my sister and i have a piece of driftwood that we used to throw at eachother as kids when we were mad. we always shared a room and so we'd fight and throw this thing from one bed to the other, but at some point we started writing messages on it before we threw it. you'd think they'd be angry things but actually we apologized ("sorry for being so bossy" came up a few times) and wrote nice things about eachother ("andrea is really nice" or something great like that). when i think of us i think of that piece of wood - andrea has it now but we pass it back and forth. i love my sister and i don't mind if she still gets bossy now and then... haha :)

4 comments:

Janelle said...

well, i know the top two girls, and i love them to pieces...i have many great memories with them as well!!
and the last girl, if she's anything like you - she's a gem!

Trev and Rebekah said...

I think it really cool that you let your friends know how much they mean to you. I sure do miss a lot of my bible school friends but God has blessed me with a few solid friends here in Rosenort.
I pray that you will find those type of friends right where you are.

Cordella said...

Karina, you are the best!!! What a huge surprise and compliment to come to your webpage and find me on it, at first I thought I accidently went to my site!!! I miss you too and we really don't talk enough. You are an amazing woman and you bring a smile to my face!!!! Thank you so much for reminding me of our great times! What fun and what memories (and I do recall that bottle of mousse:)).

Andrea said...

Kina, I really wish we lived next door too. How sad that we haven't lived in the same place for so long...since I went to Westgate, really. That was eons and eons ago - almost half our lives, when you think about it, but don't think about it because that's sad. Instead, think of all the bossing around you've missed.

I know I miss you all the time. In fact, I think if I did that quiz you did, you would be right up there among most-missed-persons. Somehow we have to end up in the same city at least for while...but...maybe we will see each other sooner than you think!

(I might have some surprises in store for you yet, little duckling...)

I love you!

p.s. The driftwood is safe, but I think maybe at Christmas it's your turn again...what do you think?