12.03.2010

Prince of Peace

Today I am thinking about peace. Jesus was called the Prince of Peace. From my Advent reading:

"Heavenly Father, look out for your children who are imperiled by war around us and war within us. Prepare us to welcome the Prince of Peace in his birth at Bethlehem so that in a violent world he may make us instruments of the peace that he gives."


The best thing today was that I was trying to remember this verse earlier about God keeping us in perfect peace, but I couldn't think of it exactly and I didn't know where in the Bible it was. Then when I did my Advent reading, Voila! - it was part of the Scripture reading for the day! I don't believe in coincidences. So here is the verse for you:

Isaiah 26:3-4 "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal."

As I was listening to Christmas music today the song "It Came Upon the Midnight Clear" came on and this verse in particular fit right in with the theme of peace today, so I will leave you with it:

For lo, the days are hastening on,
By prophet bards foretold,
When with the ever-circling years
Comes round the age of gold
When peace shall over all the earth
Its ancient splendors fling,
And the whole world give back the song
Which now the angels sing.

No comments: